Saturday, March 28, 2009

Auction Night


Saturday night happened to also be the night of the school auction. Ginger's been working furiously all week trying to prepare some movie / slideshows for it. Since she's involved she has to be there. I've offered to stay home and watch the kids while she attends since I have no interest in attending the event myself. I did find the event mildly entertaining a couple years ago when it was more a more casual setting and the entrance fee was cheaper (and there was "free" alcohol / wine tasting once you paid your entrance fee), but I can't say I'm a fan of the more formal event now (and the higher attendance fee and lack of free alcohol doesn't do anything to change my mind in that regard). Add that to the fact that there's not that much I would want to bid on and there's really no reason for me to go.


While Ginger was gone that meant I was suppose to keep the ship running here at home in an orderly fashion. Well I can report that didn't happen. The kids decided to become superheroes (I admit to being a bit concerned that Catherine's idea of a "Super" woman requires her to be wearing heels) and that went on longer than I realized. Because of that dinner didn't even end up getting started until probably an hour past the time I was suppose to already have them in bed. They're going to be super tired tomorrow is my guess.

No comments: