Sunday, May 11, 2008

How To Botch Mother's Day


I really messed up this Mother's Day. First I overslept and didn't get up with the kids. Then once I got up I didn't start fixing breakfast immediately and Ginger ended up doing it. And I didn't have a gift from the kids for Ginger or anything. We were thinking about doing some pottery at one point, but with the birthday party we had to attend this afternoon it didn't leave us any extra time so maybe we'll try and get to that next weekend or something. The party was for Barry's kid. It's hard to believe Faith is already four and the boys are five. It seems like just last year that they were three and four respectively. The party itself was at Cub Run. I didn't get any pictures of the kids in the pool area, so if you want to see what the facility looks like you can look back at an older post where we attended a birthday party in the fall of last year.


Since I botched everything else about Mother's Day I figured I might as well go for broke and went out tonight with Ben on a man date to see Iron Man. I gotta say, it's one of the better superhero movies I've seen. Very well done. Robert Downey simply owns the role. Lots of good humor throughout and it had a well done and coherent story. Yes, some liberties were taken with regard to original source material, but I really think they were necessary updates. It's easy to see why this movie won the box office for the second weekend in a row. It's got the right mix of action coupled with actual character development (all that and some good humor scenes thrown in as a bonus). This is one I'll most definitely be getting once it's out on DVD. Now having said all that the preview for the Hulk they showed before the movie doesn't look anywhere near as promising.

3 comments:

Barry said...

Is the new Hulk movie like a do-over from the one made only a few years ago?

The Dogfather said...

Just when I thought you were "turning the corner" you go and pull an epic-scale "JamesF".

Wow... and I thought the "I wanna play video games, and shut yer pie-hole" wasn't ever gonna be topped.

At least you didn't make her take a taxi to the party....

JamesF said...

Barry: Is the new Hulk movie like a do-over from the one made only a few years ago?

The new Hulk movie is being touted as a soft reboot. I think they pick it up, lightly address the circumstances that led to him being the Hulk (which I think differ from the previous movie) and then move on to sucking massively on it's own.