Friday, May 02, 2008

Busy Busy Friday


We left for Richmond this morning and got there around noon. After that we went out to grab a bite to eat for lunch and then headed over to the hospital to see how Grandmaw was doing and take her some flowers. Unfortunately it sounds like she won't be coming home until Monday, so she'll miss out on the birthday shindig we're going to be having for Quinn tomorrow.




The hospital itself is a very nice looking hospital with a fancy bell tower and everything. Inside there's a three story waterfall (that wasn't running when we were there).


After that Catherine and I headed over for a playdate with Maddie. I forget how the whole relationship works, but I think Cheryl (Maddie's Mom) is a cousin to Grammy (or something). Not that any of that matters since the kids seem to have a lot of fun together. While we were there I got conscripted into helping fix their wireless network.


Once we ha overstayed our welcome at the playdate Catherine and I went by the grocery store and picked some snack type items and headed over to Rockwood park. Our picnic was marred by the fact that once we opened up and started eating the cheese cubes we bought at Ukrops we discovered they had an expiration date of mid April. It was probably fine, but once I was cognizant of the fact it was out of date all the white cubes seem to have a layer or white powder that my mind kept telling me was mold (I know it probably wasn't). And while Catherine and I were out and about all day, Ginger and Grammy took Quinn to the NASCAR race. They didn't end up getting back home until midnight. I can only imagine how tired Quinn's going to be tomorrow if he gets up at his regular time of 6:15 am.

No comments: