Saturday, May 10, 2008

Gap Kids


We had originally planned to try and go to the zoo this weekend, but the weather didn't really want to cooperate this morning. So we ended hanging around the house this morning and Ginger broke out the video of Quinn's birth. Ginger has a tradition where very year around each of the kid's birthday she gets the video from that time and shows it to them. So that's what they did this morning. Then we went out to Coastal Flats for a late lunch / early dinner as a pre-Mother's Day outing to avoid the rush tomorrow (plus we have plans tomorrow afternoon so we won't be able to go out). Quinn actually ate part of a hamburger. Now it was a burger from the kid's menu, so it wasn't very large. And he didn't eat a lot, only about four small bites, but it's a start. I talked with him about it and I got him to admit that the taste wasn't necessarily bad, but rather it was just different. And yes, we bribed him using one race of Mario Kart on the Wii for each bite. Catherine ate a full 1/4 of the cheeseburger herself (I finished off the other half). I also finished off my own chicken sandwich, as well as Ginger's ribs that she didn't finish, as well as my fries and the fries that came with the extra kid's meal (the cheeseburger) that we ordered. Needless to say after lunch I was completely stuffed.


Later when we were playing the Wii Quinn ate some carrot slices to keep earning games (since Catherine had eaten her 1/4 of a burger she didn't have to keep eating to play). Not sure I like the Wii Mario Kart yet. It seems rigged. In the Wii Mario Kart if you're in first you go a little slower than normal, and people further back in the race get really good powerups (like lots of the blue shells). And as I learned it only takes one hit to go from first to about sixth place. It's going to take some time to get used to the fact that Quinn is going to start beating me more often at video games. To add insult to injury Ginger kept rubbing it in whenever she would place higher than me (which was often).

No comments: