Saturday, May 03, 2008

Free Comic Book Day


I managed to get by a comic book store in Richmond today for Free Comic Book Day. The only bad thing was the store was limiting the number of books you could get to five. Even though the shop is in Richmond, they still recognized me so they ended up letting me take five for Quinn and five for Catherine. Sadly this meant I didn't get any for myself. And on top of that I ended up dropping a fair chunk of change on some of the non free books for the kids (which probably also helped with them letting me take five for each kid). On of the cooler things was they had Kevin Sharpe in store signing stuff. He's done some of Dynamite's Army of Darkness comics. I've never picked those up, but he was also the the artist on the latest issue of Marvel Age Avengers (which is the all ages Avengers book that Quinn likes). So I picked up the latest issue and got it signed as a present for Quinn. Kevin is also apparently in talks with Wildstorm to do a licensed Starcraft book. I guess since Wildstorm has had some success with the licensed comic version of World of Warcraft they decided to take on another video game franchise. Seems like they should have picked one that's a bit more current, but hey, what do I know.

No comments: