Friday, February 22, 2008

What A Letdown


What a non snow day event. The weather forecast was all full of sound and fury, but in the end we got nothing. School's closed simply on the basis of the forecast and a little ice this morning. Now don't get me wrong, we got some ice, but not that much. In fact it was nowhere near as much as the ice storm last week. Based on the reports I had been expecting something like what Curt got up north. I did hear about some traffic issues this morning, but it didn't sound like anything that warranted closing schools and the roads seemed fine later in the morning. Maybe we'll get some more precipitation and get some more ice tomorrow. I can only hope I suppose. Although, since there wasn't that much ice today it came as a bit of a surprise that when I came home I noticed there had been enough ice to drop a couple of our trees. I suspect the ice from last week probably weakened these quite a bit. Can't say I'm looking forward to having to clean this up. Ginger's already suggested hiring someone to do it. Meanwhile I wonder if I can just move it to the curb and call it yard waste.


I initially spent part of the morning at home and had planned on working from home. But I wasn't able to get any work done with the kids constantly fighting so I eventually decided to just go to work for a couple of hours. I didn't spend long there and basically called it an early day so overall the day ended up being less than productive.

No comments: