Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Catherine's Birthday Celebration


The kids were home again today from school so I came home again for lunch. Unfortunately I forgot that today was Catherine's gymnastics day, which meant they had to leave about 15 minutes after I got here. So I had a quick lunch with them and they were off on their way to gymnastics and I was heading back to work.


Tonight we had what I believe is going to the last of Catherine's birthday celebrations with just the four of us in attendance. The table was decorated with Strawberry Shortcake, because that's one of Catherine's favorite things at the moment. And I have to say, I'm pretty happy with the way some of the photos from tonight turned out.






There was no cake, but instead we had ice cream pie in an Oreo type cookie crust and it was very tasty indeed. Everyone thought scarfed it up. I still find it amazing that I have a daughter that's five years old now. It seems like just yesterday when we brought her home from the hospital.


I really liked how this last shot with the two of them turned out. I just wish Quinn hadn't been going for the 80's look with his all of his buttons undone and exposing his chest like that. Still, both kids are smiling and making nice so it's not like I can ask for too much better from them.

2 comments:

gaz said...

what is she now, 5 or 6?

JamesF said...

She's now five. And she's very proud that she can say that when asked.