Sunday, February 03, 2008

My Kids Are Odd Sometimes


Pictures speak louder than words I suspect.










For dinner we had take out from KFC. Catherine and I went to get it. She thought the fact that they gave us a bucket was really funny for some reason. I made some silly joke by sounding like a chicken and saying it was a "Buck-buck-buck buckET!" of chicken. And then Catherine replied with "No daddy. This isn't chicken like on a farm. This is chicken that you eat." Which leads me to believe that she hasn't quite put together that the two are one and the same yet, or I guess she does know but sees them as completely separate things.

We let the kids eat in the family room and watch part of the Super Bowl. They didn't get to watch it all, but they really liked the Bud Light fire breathing commercial and the Pepsi Max head bobbing one also. Quinn, who had been wanting the Giants to win for the past couple of weeks apparently had a change of heart sometime during the last week and was now rooting for the Patriots (Ginger said she believes this was because PJ, his friend at school, wanted the Patriots to win). I'm guessing he'll be a bit disappointed tomorrow morning (or maybe he won't, it's hard to tell with him).

As for myself, I ended up taking a nap through most of the Super Bowl. Luckily we TiVo'ed it, so I'll have to go back sometime and watch the commercials. I did watch the last quarter and I have to say, that was an absolutely amazing catch by Tyree. Simply amazing. And it was nice to see the big game actually being close and not a blowout like it sometimes has been in years past. And it looks like I even won some money in the football pool (a whooping $4 I think, so overall I'm still in the red).

1 comment:

gaz said...

poster tubes... i bet the person who invented those never knew how much they would become a staple part of a kid's playtime.
lightsaber, trumpet, telescope, josh and ethan use them as tunnels for their matchbox cars.
ahhhh, the simplicity. and not a battery in sight!