Sunday, February 10, 2008

The First Of Many...


Nana was up for the weekend, and since it now looks as if a full fledged family birthday celebration for Catherine may not be in the cards we ended up have a mini celebration party of Catherine's birthday today while Nana is here. I think Catherine's going to end up getting spoiled because I think she has three of these mini celebrations scheduled in addition to her party with her friends from school. And in case you're wondering why Catherine's cake only has two candles on it instead of five (I know I was), it's because those were the only candles we were able to locate in the house. Guess we'll need to go out and purchase a couple more candles at some point in the near future since we have a couple more celebrations coming up. And while Nana is a tad on the short side, Catherine is not taller than her (at least not this year), Catherine just happened to be standing in her chair when the photo below was taken.


I've mostly gotten over my rage from yesterday. Ginger explained that she had been dealing directly with the tier two tech support that work exclusively with the cable cards and they're much more knowledgeable. So I've decided to just let it go and have her deal with them from here on out. NASCAR season is just about to get underway and today Quinn watched some of the Budweiser Shootout which is a really short race (70 laps). Quinn also tried some noodles today. My plan of using the mac and cheese as a spring board into pasta may be working. Although he did make a bit of a face eating the noodles he did eat three of them (which was how many I told him he had to in order to play a couple of games of Mario & Sonic Olympic on the Wii). And since I mentioned the mac and cheese, we had some for dinner and Quinn actually an entire small portion of it. It was a only about 20 to 25 pieces of pasta, and he did make a face when eating the first bite, but after that he was eating them two and three pieces at a time. It's hard not to look at that as an overall win in my mind.

No comments: