Sunday, February 24, 2008

I'm A Lumberjack And I'm Okay...


I think this is the last respectable ice shot from a couple of weeks ago. Mind you, I have a couple more, and I feel confident they'll make it onto the blog eventually, but the quality of the shots will decline a bit after this (I suppose one could easily argue that the decline has already started).

I spent today removing that last tree trunk. The roots on this one were significantly more entrenched than the other one though. I didn't end up working up quite as much of a sweat as yesterday, but it was still strenuous. In addition to that I had the kids "helping" me. Which as anyone with kids knows means that the whole effort took a longer than expected. I can't remember how many times I had to tell the kids not to run while holding the saw, the clippers or the some other tool that could cause dismemberment if they fell on it and impaled themselves. Once the kids gave up helping and went inside I made pretty good progress. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to do with all the debris from the trees.

1 comment:

BullBunky said...

Fantastic. This one is my favorite of the series.