Saturday, February 23, 2008

And Boy Are My Arms Tired


Spent a good amount of time out in the yard with a hacksaw and a shovel. I got all the limbs off both downed trees, and I even got one fully taken down even removing the roots. The other one was the bigger of the two and looks like it will still take a fair amount of time to remove and remove the root system. I got that one down to the point where the trunk is about eight feet and I simply stood it back up until I can get back to it.


I have to say this task required a lot of energy and I was sweating pretty profusely at times. With the kids listening to the various "Little House on the Prairie" books these days Ginger and I have been joking about what it would take to go live off the land somewhere. Given how exhausted I was after a couple hours of work removing a couple of trees, I'm thinking this living off the land idea isn't in the cards. Although things might have gone easier if I had an ax instead of simply trying to cut through one foot trunks with just a hacksaw. I imagine I'm going to be really sore on Monday. For some reason the day after I do exert myself isn't that bad, but two days after is a killer. It's almost like I'm getting old or something.


When I came inside after working on the trees the kids were watching TV with Ginger fast asleep on the couch. After I had showered and changed Catherine and I went outside for a bit since she really wanted to go outside and play and I'm a big believer in the kids getting time outside when possible. Too bad it was still pretty cold out (strangely the cold didn't bother me as much earlier when I was out working up a sweat removing the trees), although the cold seemed to bother me more than it did her. Later in the day we went out to Coastal Flats with Ben for dinner, then we came back home and got the kids in bed and Ginger, Ben and myself watched Talladega Nights.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

According to my old personal trainer you get the most sore 36 hours after working out. So yea... Monday morning should be good for you.