Wednesday, February 27, 2008

And The Sickness Begins...


Quinn ended up coming home from school midday the same time as Catherine. And a quick doctor visit later in the day confirmed that he has the flu. Ginger said he was so tired at dinner he kept lying his head down on the table, but he also stubbornly refused to nap or go to bed. And he was coughing pretty consistently when he finally did go to bed. We gave him some Delsym, and I know the reports say cough medicine might as well be a placebo, but that stuff seems to work. Well, it somewhat works. It hasn't taken away his cough entirely, but it has greatly reduced the amount of coughing he has been doing. But I suppose that could be a by-product of him being asleep also. I remember back in December when I had a cough that combined with Advil was the only thing that kept me from constantly coughing. So I think it works, but who knows.

3 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

I don't think it was that cough syrup doesn't work, I think that the medication's usefulness in the small doses in Children's medication is unproven. If nothing else, the syrup coating the throat should provide some relief. Hope everyone is better soon! (Because soon everyone will have it).

JamesF said...

Capt Sawyer: Because soon everyone will have it

That's my fear.

Barry said...

Reuben and Jacob have been home all week with the flu. Karen tested negative but I think she's got it too.