Monday, February 18, 2008

Extra Extra! Read All About It!


Yet another photo of the ice from last week above. The kids had today off from school. So Catherine got to play with all of her new toys. One of the toys she got was some Barbie-ish talking Hannah Montana doll. None of us knew anything about Hannah Montana other than I think it's a show on the Disney channel and there was some movie about it that just came out. So far that qualifies as the most annoying gift with the singing and yelling the doll does. Not sure it ranks anywhere near the annoying level of the Barbie phone from last year that would "call" every 10 minutes between 10 AM and 6 PM. Now that was really annoying. I did come home from work for lunch since the kids were home. Too bad they disappeared downstairs to play almost as soon as I got here. From the brief time I did see them it seemed like they were playing with the Catherine's new spirograph. I heard later that Ginger tried to get Quinn to try a chicken hot dog for lunch. From the reports I heard that didn't go too well. In Quinn's defense I had one of them for dinner and they're not that good, at least not reheated anyway.

I recently watched season one of Extras. It stars and is written by Ricky Gervais, the creator of the The Office, and I have to say it is quite funny. Like The Office there's no laugh track or studio audience, and most of the humor comes from really awkward situations, but it's definitely worth a watch. I haven't seen the BBC version of The Office, but now I may have try and watch that at some point. The only bad thing about the series (and I hesitate to say this is bad more than annoying) is that the episodes are only a half hour long and they don't put more than three on a DVD. I'm fairly certain that the whole season of six episodes could have fit onto one DVD instead of needing two separate DVD (thus requiring me to burn two Netflix rentals instead of one). Season two is most assuredly going to be entering my Netflix queue in the near future even though it will also take two rentals for size episodes. If you're thinking of purchasing it a bundle of the complete series (season 1, season 2 and the series finale) just went on sale.

No comments: