Tuesday, February 05, 2008

No Rush

Man, I knew the voting on the Democrat side was going to be close tonight, but this is crazy close. I'm guessing it'll be tomorrow before we know exactly who took which delegates. Would it be ironic if the final decision for the democrats comes down to whether or not Michigan and Florida votes get counted? If it does come to that, I wonder if it'll become some protracted legal battle? I can't imagine that being good if it does. And who gets the delegates that were allocated to the other candidates like Edwards who have now dropped out. I guess that only matters if one of them doesn't get a majority of delegate votes. Based on what I've seen so far though it certainly looks as if Clinton is taking more delegates for the night.

A quick update on our attempt to get digital cable. This morning we still didn't have all the digital cable channels in the package we got, so Ginger called up and they sent the cable card an update. And after that neither card is displaying any of the encrypted digital channels. So a tech guy had to come by again today, but he only had one other cable card with him, and when that one was put in (and it's firmware was updated) it worked. So now we'll have to have someone come by again tomorrow with another cable card for the other slot in the TiVo.

So a couple weeks ago I watched Rush Hour 3. I know, I know, what was I thinking. Well I was thinking I really liked the first one, and the second was a retooled rehashed lesser version of the first one. I was hoping they would go back to the basics with the third. No such luck though since the third one is worst of the lot so far in my opinion. There's a lot less of the funny stuff (and they spend way too long in a variation of the "who's on first skit"). And there's less of the incredible Jackie Chan stunts. Let's face facts, Jackie Chan's getting up there in age, no disrespect intended since he still has impressive moves and is way more athletic than I will be at that age. Overall this movie is simply making a money grab trying to cash in on the success of the first movie. It amazes me that the first movie (which I really liked) actually brought in about 240 million worldwide with a production budget of only 33 million. While this latest effort brought in 255 million, but cost 140 million to make. The sad thing is that since in the end it still brought in over 100 million, you can probably bet that there will be an even more expensive poorly produced Rush Hour 4 at some point in the future.

3 comments:

wtfree3 said...

I think I understand now - you really didn't like RH3. This part of your review seems to summarize it:

"No suck luck though since the third one is worst of the lot so far in my opinion."

JamesF said...

Whoops!

Curt Sawyer said...

...the third one is worst of the lot so far in my opinion...

AND in the opinion of all the critics, who basically said the actors phoned this one in.

I have no plans to see this one.