Thursday, October 18, 2007

She's Probably Right


Ok, the verdict such as it is apparently is in and I have been proven ... wait for it ... wrong! It takes a big man to admit he's wrong, and I can do that. I have no problem whatsoever admitting it. Yes, I'm apparently the only person that on Wednesday when you say next weekend I think of it meaning the "next" weekend (the one coming up in three days). I hope all you people out there providing Ginger with more ammunition to claim I'm not always right realize you're slowly killing the English language and I hope you can live with yourselves. You should be locked up, which is a nice segue to mention the picture up above is another random shot from walking around the school while Quinn was at his tennis lesson last week. I really like that shot for some reason. And I'm kidding about the locked up thing. Flogged maybe, but not locked up.

Ginger's still incredibly busy trying to get stuff ready for the fall fair "next" weekend (see, I used in what is now the accepted context). I expect things to get worse next week as we get closer to the final date.

And why not yet another movie review (where am I finding the time for all these?). A while back Ginger and I watched Knocked Up. I feel cheated in that I watched this after seeing Superbad. They're the same type of movie, but Superbad in my opinion is funnier and much more 'crude'. These movies are all taking the type of humor in The 40 Year Old Virgin to the next level of incorrectness. Knocked up is a bit worse than The 40 Year Old Virgin, and then Superbad was way worse than both of them. Knocked Up has some really funny parts in it. I should qualify that with "I thought" it did, Ginger, well, not so much. Because of the constant crude language and situations, this just isn't her movie of choice. She did watch it all the way though. Which means she got at least somewhat invested in it enough the first night we were watching it to finish it off the next night. The story in Knocked Up feels like they still had this mistaken idea they could reach the female audience by putting a love relationship story into it. I suppose it must have somewhat worked though since I suspect that's the only reason Ginger wanted to finish watching it. Some of the married couple conversations hit a little too close to home and are probably funny just because you've lived them already (the one about the sex offenders made me think someone had recorded a conversation at our house). They definitely play up the differences in how guys and girls think and talk about things in this movie (it's one of the better sources of humor in the movie in my opinion). If I had one issue with the movie it would be how some scenes have the adults using inappropriate language and talking about totally inappropriate things in front of the kids. And I should qualify that with the language and whatnot are inappropriate for kids is my opinion. What I'm trying to say (and I think failing at) is I don't necessarily want to imply it's "wrong" per se and judge anyone, but I'm just trying to say that's what I believe about the issue. That aside, the movie is pretty darned entertaining (if you're a guy and / or don't mind crude and foul language and / or drug use references).

No comments: