Sunday, October 28, 2007

No Food At Home


Will took off this morning to go meet his Dad in Warrenton (VA) for an air show there. This meant saying goodbye early this morning before church. But not before I got a picture of him and the hood he airbrushed on his car and another shot with him and the kids.


Will really wants to go to the zoo or see some of the museums downtown, so I'm hoping it won't be too long before he's back up again for another visit.










After church a grocery store trip was a necessity since we had nothing in the house due to Ginger not being able to run errands like grocery store trips for the past week while preparing for the Fall Fair. So while Ginger was doing that the kids, Nana and myself headed over to the park to play for a while. I wish I had gotten pictures off Nana's camera because I was helping the kids hang upside down on the bars a couple times and they were able to do it all by themselves (I didn't feel comfortable though not being near, so I was acting as a spotter). Catherine was actually able to hang upside down without holding on with her hands and just using her legs.

Once we got home we tried to grill hamburgers and hot dogs out on the grill. But the grill ran out of gas just before they finished so we had to finish cooking inside. After lunch I didn't really get to see the kids much, but that's to be expected when Nana is up. When she's up here the kids don't pay much attention to Ginger and myself.

3 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

But the grill ran out of gas...

I've heard they have new gas canisters coming out that are clear so you can see how much fuel is remaining.

JamesF said...

Now that would be cool. There's some way to determine it now, but you have to like peel off a sticker, get it wet or something and do a color compare. Way too much effort. Anything that made it just a visual inspection would be great.

Rick Anderson said...

The sticker thing is a pain and like who's really going to check. Although maybe one of these days I'll learn to do it. We had two big parties on our deck this year, and yep - ran out of gas both times. First time I was getting the grill warmed up so I ran over to home depot for a cylinder exchange. Second time I grabbed the neighbors cylinder and then exchanged them both after the party.