Saturday, October 20, 2007

Saturday == Tennis


Another Saturday, another tennis lesson. Today was a bit different in that while Quinn was taking his lesson I met up with Pete and got to play some tennis myself.




What I've learned is that even though I might have PRO status in tennis on the Wii, I've lost a lot of my game in real life. Now admittedly Pete has a lot of time to practice versus me, and I haven't played a real game of tennis since before Quinn was born, so it's no big surprise I've lost a step or two. I felt better about how I was playing by the end, but Pete was still kicking my butt.


Once Quinn's lesson ended he came over and joined us. Pete's a lot better playing with him than I am since Pete does better at aiming his shots and putting enough spin on it so that the ball bounces relatively near Quinn and he can take a good swing at it.




After we quit playing tennis Quinn and I walked around the football field for a bit. I think this was the first time Quinn went into the bleachers. He also pretended to do some racing around the track.






Once we got home we did some stuff out back for a while until Quinn decided he wanted to go play more tennis. So we headed off to the park nearby that has the wall (since I was a bit sore from playing with Pete I didn't really want to play on a full court).


And what were Ginger and Catherine doing during all this time? Catherine attended a birthday party for one of the girls in her class at school. The party was at Oogles And Googles. Now if you thought Ginger took any pictures of the event, then you haven't been reading this blog for long. I did get one picture that was taken by the staff. Looks like it was a princess themed party (I'm shocked).

No comments: