Sunday, October 14, 2007

Another Do Nothing Sunday


Weekends always bug me. I never feel like I'm doing enough extracurricular type activities with the kids. Once again today we didn't really do much (had lunch out after church, which turned into a 2 hour ordeal at Carrabba's, but nothing really other than that and that killed most of the afternoon all by itself). The kids also have to clean up the basement (Ginger can't stand clutter) and this can take anywhere from an hour or more depending on how much stalling Quinn does during cleanup.


While Quinn was still cleaning downstairs I played Clue Jr with Catherine for a while. I have to admit that the kid versions of the board games they have these days are pretty well done. The Monopoly Jr is good and so is the Clue Jr game. And both kids love playing the Clue Jr game and it helps teach deductive reasoning, so it's good on multiple levels.


After that the kids pretty much destroyed the living room turning it into their personal jungle gym. We did go outside for a bit, but it was pretty late in the afternoon by the time we went out, so we weren't out for long. Catherine did come out and join me and Quinn and even played some baseball with us. For the first time she managed to bat multiple times (I would say five or six times) without a tee. Now I was tossing the ball really softly and trying to throw it where I knew she would swing, but still, that's pretty good progress for her.


And later tonight Quinn help Ginger prepare for the Fall Fair by sorting the ducks. Quinn's finally got all his ducks in a row (sorry, couldn't resist). The ducks will be labeled with numbers which correspond to prizes and be in a little floating thing or something to that effect. Ginger believes these cheapo ducks are going to float upright in water while I'm less convinced. Might need to do a test run before the actual fair I believe.

No comments: