Friday, October 05, 2007

Bowling And Baking


The kids were off from school today, so I decided to take the day off too. Unfortunately a large part of the day was spent getting a birthday present for Perry since his birthday party is tomorrow and both kids will be attending. Eventually I was able to hang out with the kids some and we went bowling.


Catherine said she was just going to go and watch us and play with her dolls. I'm not sure what role playing she was doing when I took this picture, and I'm not sure I want to know. I'm hoping the prince is just clumsy and tripped. And after I played one game Catherine decided she wanted to play. This was after she had insisted that she didn't want to play earlier. I gave up my lane and let her play instead. And while it seems like I'm making a sacrifice, the truth is it didn't take much convincing since after one game my arm was already starting to hurt a bit (I don't know how Quinn played three games and didn't end up with a sore arm).


I played one game and decided that playing bowling on the Wii has comletely destroyed any bowling ability I had. That or lack of practice. I'm pretty sure it's one of those. I did manage to squeak out a 172, so I guess I could be doing worse.


Quinn decided he wanted to play with the bumper guards up. One the plus side he's no longer shot putting the ball, but now he's throwing it with such a spin and a wild throw that it hits the bumpers about 50% of the time. And since there's no negative consequence to hitting the bumpers, he's not adjusting anything to not to that. And he won't actually let me show him how to throw the ball and try and have it go straight either. Giving him advice is like talking to a wall. It'll go something like this. "Don't hold the ball up over your head as you approach, just have it rest in your hands in front of you." He'll move the ball down to be in front of him, take one step and lift it up over his head. He just won't listen, and eventually I stopped trying to give him advice since it wasn't doing either of us any good.


Catherine bowled just over half her first game throwing the ball granny style. After that she decided she wanted to use the ramp. The kids did fine as far as scores, but nothing spectacular (I don't think any of them broke 100).


Once we got home the kids made cupcakes for the party tomorrow. And in case you're wondering why we're making cupcakes for someone else's birthday party it's the whole nut allergy issue. Rather than trying find out and worrying about whether the food at the party is safe for Catherine we find it easier just to bring something for her to eat we know is safe.



No comments: