Sunday, April 08, 2007

Easter Sunday Sunday Sunday


I tried grabbing a couple of photos of the kids in their Easter outfits this morning before church. I'm thinking at this point getting the two kids to look good in the picture at the same time might take a minor miracle (it is Easter, so who knows).


Church was packed today. And I mean really packed. You can tell Easter is one of those days where people show up at church just because of the holiday.


Once we got home Quinn started building some of the wooden race cars he got in his Easter Basket (he's sanding it down above). When did Easter become a toy holiday? I'm pretty sure when I was growing up all I got was candy and some Easter eggs (which if I recall I made the eggs myself, except for those plastic ones that actually had candy in them), but I don't recall getting lots of toys. Of course I am old and possibly senile now, so my mind could be playing tricks on me. Speaking of being old, funny thing about Quinn recently (since he got back from Richmond in fact), he has taken to calling me "James" now. It feels ... I guess the only way I can describe it is odd. I'm so used to having him call me Daddy or Dad (or Mom if he's in a hurry and not thinking about what he's saying) that hearing him call me James is just a little weird.


I put a drop cloth down in the kitchen for Quinn to use to paint his car. And Ginger started coming down with something about midday, so we didn't get to do a lot of the things we had originally planned on doing, like coloring Easter Eggs. Who knows, since the kids have the next couple of days off, maybe they'll get to do some egg coloring during the day (provided Ginger is feeling better).


We had more Easter Egg hunts in the house. Every time we hide the eggs for the kids to find we end up with less eggs than when we started once they 'find' them all. Like the law of diminishing returns, it's like the law of diminishing egg count. Catherine is our resident egg hunter. She just loves find eggs. In fact, she likes it so much that she'll go around the house and hide the eggs herself and then run around the house and find them. She can do this over and over and over. And I think that partly explains how we have less eggs each time also since she doesn't always remember all the places she hides them, and some of the hiding spots are apparently quite good since the four year old can hide the eggs to the point where I can locate them myself (outsmarted by a four year old, that's gotta make you feel good).


And speaking of Catherine, here's a picture of her in her spiffy new Easter Bonnet!

1 comment:

Scott said...

Good thing you chopped down that tree growing in your house. Makes a nice place to work on projects too.