Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Quinn's Back

He doesn't want to be back, but he is. Evidently he got really upset when he realized he had to go home. I guess Grammy's place is fun or something. He seemed better by the time I got home though. Then he was back to his old self. Here's a picture of him in his Mardi Gras hat playing with his streamers (this was the first time he had seen the streamers). Notice Frosty in the background. Apparently upon hearing that Catherine had gotten a Frosty, Quinn got to go make one. But check it out, they paid the extra money for the accessories. He's got the scarf, pipe, broom and for some reason (I'm thinking Quinn was involved in this decision) he got a basketball. Right, because last time I checked the basketball was an integral part of the Frosty story. They didn't get any of the support character though like Catherine did. So now we have 2 Frosties, Karen and Hocus Pocus (or Pocus as Catherine calls him).

I had my appointment with the neurologist today. Got the old good news / bad news thing going. The good news is that knot on the side of my head I've been avoiding having looked at for two years is apparently a benign cyst. And no, I won't be operating on this one myself. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then I've said too much. The bad news is apparently I'm not allowed to eat anything now. This is the list of foods I'm suppose to avoid:
  • Ripened Cheeses (Cheddar, Emmentaler, Gruyere, Stilton, Brie & Camebert)
    • Ok, I know Cheddar, and I've heard of Brie, but don't eat it. Those others sounds like names of D&D characters though, are those really cheeses? This is a bit annoying, since when I make omelets I use cheddar.
  • Herring
    • I've heard of this, but I don't think I've ever had it, so I'm good with this one.
  • Chocolate
    • Just kill me now.
  • Vinegar (except White vinegar)
    • Obviously except white. Who drinks vinegar anyway?
  • Anything Fermented, Pickled or Marinated
    • Fermented and Pickled are not a problem, but I do like marinated meat.
  • Sour Cream, Yogurt
    • Sour Cream is going to hurt. I rarely eat yogurt though even though I like it.
  • Nuts, Peanut Butter
    • Right, like I've been able to have any of that really since we found out Catherine's allergic to peanuts. Although that means no more raiding the company president's administrative assistant's peanut M&Ms.
  • Hot Fresh Breads, Raised Coffeecakes and Doughnuts
    • Doughnuts? D'oh! Seriously though, Hot Fresh Breads? So cold and stale is okay?
  • Pods of Broad Beans (Lima, Navy and Pea Pods)
    • Never ate those really except pea pods when they were in Chinese food (see next bullet)
  • Any Foods Containing Large Amounts of Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), i.e. Chinese Foods
    • *bleep* me.
  • Onions
    • Not a problem
  • Canned Figs
    • People can figs?
  • Citrus Foods (no more than one orange per day)
    • Hmmm, wonder if Orange Juice counts, could be in trouble here.
  • Bananas (no more than 1/2 a banana a day)
    • Because when I eat a banana, I normally leave half for the next day.
  • Pizza
    • Well *bleep*.
  • Pork (no more than 2-3 times a week)
    • Interesting, I like pork, but we rarely if ever have it.
  • Excessive Tea, Coffee, Cola beverages (no more than 4 cups a day)
    • *bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*. This one hurts. I'm back on caffeine drinking about 5 Cokes a day. I may have to start sleeping more if my caffeine kick gets taken away.
  • Avocado
    • Don't eat this much except if it comes on something at Baja Fresh
  • Fermented Sausage (Bologna, Salami, Pepperoni, Summer & Hot Dogs)
    • Had no idea those things were fermented. Now I have no desire to eat them.
  • Chicken Livers
    • Another one I have zero issues with.
  • Avoid All Alcoholic Beverages, if possible
    • *sigh*

1 comment:

BullBunky said...

Oh my goodness. I think it would be easier to tell you what you CAN eat? I would have a VERY hard time with your list. Is this until they remove your cyst, or forever? Sigh...I feel for you.