Sunday, December 18, 2005

Muh Code As Gotten Sidnificandly Wurse

Warning! The following will be mostly one long gripe session. You've been warned.

Ugh. So last night my nose was so stuffed up, I couldn't get to sleep. So after lying in bed for about an hour not being able to sleep, I got up and started scrounging for medicine. It's amazing how much stuff we moved with last year that isn't even any good (and wasn't even good then). I found 3 things of Nyquil, 2 bottles and one box of capsules. The capsules expired in August of 2004. One of the bottles (the unopened "normal" Nyquil flavor one) expired in April of 2004, and the other bottle (an opened "cherry" flavored one) expired in September of 2005. So I popped open the cherry one and downed some. I used quotes above for Nyquil flavor since really they all taste like turpentine soaked in different types of wood (I know, I know, taking Nyquil is basically just like taking a shot of alcohol). Anyway, while I waited for that to kick in, I went downstairs and tried to catch up on some Daily Show / Colbert Reports. I typically watch The Daily Show the night it comes on, but only up to the interview part. Then I catch up on interviews over the weekend. Now that the Colbert Report is on afterwards, I find I'm falling further and further behind on catching up with those interviews. Finally got to sleep around 3. Ended up waking up around 6. I thought Nyquil was suppose to last longer than that? Anyway, managed to get back to sleep at around 6:45, only to have Quinn call out for me at 7. Tried to get Quinn to go back to sleep, I think he may have, not sure, pretty sure I was delusional at this point. At some point he wanted to get up again, and I just let him go (really, what could go wrong with letting him wander around unsupervised?). I *think* Ginger may have been up at this point with Catherine, I hope so. Anyway, I went back to sleep and got up around 10:30. Catherine this morning also has the starting of whatever it is that has gone through our house also (she's sounding hoarse). So no church for us today.

Around lunch time Ginger decided that they would all go to the Toy Store and then to Wendy's for lunch. So Ginger, Grammy and the kids took off, and I tried to sleep, but at this point, all the medicine had worn off, so I couldn't get back to sleep. Watched some more Daily Shows (I'm just past the episode that had Jimmy Carter on) and then watched Painkiller Jane, which was a SciFi movie that was "based on the Event Comics series." And when they say based, they mean that took the name and the powers and rewrote everything else. So there's an hour and twenty minutes of my life gone forever that I'm not getting back.

Just as I was finishing watching the Masterpiece Theater that was Painkiller Jane, everyone got home. Quinn was very very excited. He told me that he was going to be going home with Grammy and spending a couple of days down there. Ginger and I had talked about this previously, but hadn't told Quinn since plans may have changed, and with Grammy hurting her wrist yesterday, there was a real chance it wasn't going to happen. But I guess Grammy decided she was up to it and they had told him at lunch. Quinn told me "You're not going, Mommy's not going, and Catherine's not going. Just me." He seemed pretty excited. I asked him if he was going to miss any of us while he was down there and he said "Ummm, no." Then he ran around the house getting his backpack and packing all the stuff he wanted to take. Everything was fine till he got in the car to go, then he started crying saying he didn't want to leave Mommy and Daddy and that he wanted us to go also. We explained that we couldn't, but that if he didn't want to go, he could stay with us. He then decided it wasn't going to be that bad and got back into the car.

After Catherine's nap, I finally took a shower and we all headed out to the grocery store (strangely, we needed cold medicine that hadn't expired, plus tissues, plus Orange juice, etc, etc). When we got back, we stopped by the house down the street to see if all the stuff in the yard had been turned back on. And it was up and going strong. I snapped a picture, but with it being dark, it's sort of hard to see. Basically this guy has a ton of holiday inflatable characters in his yard. I can't even imagine what this guy's electric bill must be.

2 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

Did you change your RSS feed so that only a summary is posted now?

JamesF said...

Uhhhh, not intentionally if I did.

I'm not even sure what I have the RSS feed set to honestly. I did recently add a link over on the right to the template, and thought I needed to republish everything to get it to appear, so maybe I messed up something when I did that.

(Translation: I may be contacting you soon about what I messed up).