Saturday, December 17, 2005

It's the weekend

Yesterday was Quinn's last day of school before the winter break. His school put on a puppet show, so it wasn't even like a real school day. Catherine attended as well. After that, Ginger's Mom (Grammy) came up and everyone went shopping and they didn't get back till around 9:30. Quinn's still recovering today, I can tell he didn't get enough sleep last night since every little thing seems to be setting him off. While they were out shopping, I went over and visited with Rob's clan to see their new house. It's huge. I mean really big. I shudder to think how much it's going to cost to buy furniture to fill that place up.

So apparently I've caught the cold / bug that Ginger and Quinn have had. Been really tired, sore throat, coughing intermittently. Other than that, I feel great. So because of that, I stayed at home today and cleared ice off the sidewalk while Ginger and Grammy took the kids down to see the caboose in Clifton. Unfortunately there was an incident and Grammy and Catherine fell getting off the caboose. Grammy's hand is at least sprained, maybe worse. Catherine ended up with a bump on her head, but she's tough, so she'll be fine.

Tonight was my company's Holiday party. It followed last year's theme of dinner and then tables for gambling. I didn't get to enjoy this year as much as last since I'm still a bit under the weather, that meant I didn't get to partake of the free alcoholic beverages. Last year my feet were toasty warm from drinking a ton of Madrises (not sure that's the correct pluralization, but whatever). Ginger still isn't fully recovered, so she wasn't drinking anything either. We still stuck around and talked with people until almost midnight. I think we've setup a playdate with all the kids for the 30th. Here's a picture of Ginger and myself that Quinn took of us before we went to the party.


No comments: