Sunday, December 25, 2005

Merry Christmas

Hope everyone had a lovely day and was able to spend time with their loved ones.

Long day today. Kids were up early, but due to complications of this and that, they weren't allowed to go downstairs until close to 9:30 (I plan on changing that rule next year, seems unfair they have to wait when they know it's Christmas and what's coming). Once again the kids were whirlwinds of destruction leaving no present untouched or unopened. Quinn got some phat loot and seems to enjoy the Fooz Ball / Air Hockey table. Catherine got a VSmile video game system she just didn't put down for the longest while. But after the dust cleared, Quinn was back playing with the race track, so I think that's his favorite gift so far (aside from stuff video game related since he's sit in front of the TV playing video games until he passes out if you let him). My Mom arrived around 6:30 this morning, so she was here for all the fun. I spent several hours of the day fighting a new Mozilla install. I had installed a new version about three days ago, and today it just stopped working (no error messages on startup or anything). It went wonky after the VPU on the video card just stopped working and demanded a reboot. Because of the lack of error messages it took a good while to figure out what the problem was (if interested, I can go into details, but I figure no one is that interested). We had a fantastic lunch / dinner around 4 again, and then after that the kids went to bed since once again they hadn't napped. We watched "Must Love Dogs" which was one of (if not the only) present that I bought for Ginger that she didn't buy herself. I think we all liked it. We had watched "Mr and Mrs Smith" the night before, and I don't know what I can say about that except that it's a love story / chick flick, but they did a fantastic job of window dressing it as an action flick. Unfortunately Catherine woke up around 9:30 and didn't go back to sleep till around 11. I didn't get hardly any pictures today with my camera, since we used my Mom's new camera that we gave her for Christmas, so I'll try and get some shots off of that tomorrow.

Peace out.


I was trying to figure out how to work Chevy Chase's famous Merry KissMyAss line into this, but never came up with anything good.

No comments: