Sunday, December 11, 2005

Lazy Sunday...

Busy busy busy. Got up and got everyone ready and headed off to church, it was a musical program today, so we thought we would keep the kids with us instead of having them attend their respective classes. Catherine really got into the music and was basically shaking her booty to the rhythm. Halfway through the program Quinn got completely bored and wanted to go to his class, so Catherine immediately decided she wanted to go to her's also, even though she was still enjoying the program (this whole sibling thing is just great).

After church we stopped by the grocery store, apparently with a few thousand of our neighbors. My guess is everyone wanted to get their grocery shopping done before a Redskins game. So after we made it through that, we came home and I fixed everyone lunch (melted cheese sandwiches and melted cheese and ham sandwiches, except for Quinn, who still refuses to eat just about anything other than starches or chicken). After lunch we bundled up and headed outside for some sledding and snowman building. I'm sure it's hard to tell, but the snowman is a golfer. He also has on a hat, but the hat almost completely blended into the background since I took the picture later in the day when it was dark. I also used the opportunity to try and clean the sidewalk. As I've mentioned, the front of our house rarely gets direct sunlight, so our sidewalk was basically a sheet of ice. The kids weren't overly enthusiastic about sledding (they kept mentioning the sledding into a tree incident that had occurred with Mom a couple of days ago). We tried out Quinn's new jump rope outside, he actually did pretty good (no pictures of that, although there there was video taken). We also used this time to transfer the tree from the garage into the house. After getting that all taken care of, it was time for the kids to take a nap.

While they were napping, I headed into work so that I could finish up some schedules for tomorrow and update some problem reports with ideas that people could try while I was in PA. My computer was finally back on the network, but now my phone was dead (as were some other people's on my floor). I finally got home around 8. Catherine had just woken up and Quinn had been up for over an hour. After dinner (spaghetti, yum!) we put lights on the tree and put on some ornaments. We've only partially completed the ornaments although a good part of Super Hero Central has been done. I've got Superman squaring off against the Hulk, so we'll finally be able to see who's stronger.

No comments: