Monday, December 19, 2005

Monday Monday...

I'm doing a little bit better. Nose is still somewhat stuffed up. But I slept in this morning trying to recover some then took some "non-drowsy" Sudafed before going into work (non-drowsy my a**). And what's up with one tablet only lasting four hours. Way to try and squeeze more money out of me Pfizer. Check out the jump in their stock price from Friday to Monday. That's all me! I was out Sunday buying their 4 hour product. They should be sending me some free swag for that.

So Catherine is still here without her brother. I can't tell if she's getting better or not. Her voice still seems a little hoarse. In order to distract her and have her forget Quinn isn't here (or that he's off doing something that she isn't) we decided we should do something special for her. So Ginger took Catherine to Build a Bear today (it was my suggestion for those keeping track). Catherine got to make her very own Frosty. Both kids love watching the Frosty video, and we had seen the Frosty in the store a couple of weeks ago when I was watching the kids while Ginger was returning / buying stuff at the mall. She absolutely loves her new stuffed Frosty. She got Karen and Hocus Pocus also (the girl and the rabbit). She didn't get the Frosty accessories though ($7 for a scarf, broom and pipe? Seriously?). Anyway, she helped build him and then "gave him a bath" several times at the store. She even called me at work to tell me about it once she got home. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this was a good idea.

When I got home, Ginger and Catherine were still napping. But it wasn't too long after I got here that they got up. As I mentioned in a previous post, my company's Holiday party was last Saturday. It was Mardi Gras themed. They had masks, fan masks, hats and other stuff on all the tables. Ginger and I grabbed some of those things and brought them home to the kids. They really liked playing with them. In fact, I can remember them coming upstairs Sunday morning and waking me up just to show me their new loot. Well, one of the things on the table that we grabbed were metallic streamers. For whatever reason, they didn't get those on Sunday, so I broke that out for Catherine to play with tonight. Got some nice video of her doing a combination ballerina / rhythmic gymnastics thing. So the streamers were a hit. I'm thinking once those those break (and no, I don't mean "if they break", the kids are hard on toys) we may have to go buy some more of those.

We tried to call and talk to Quinn tonight, but he apparently was out all day and didn't nap, so by the time we called (8:30 PM), he was already asleep for the night. Tonight after we watch "How I Met Your Mother" and "Two and a Half Men" I think we're going to start on putting together Quinn's Christmas present. It's a 6 in 1 table that has Air Hockey, Ping Pong and Fooz Ball. We both think he's really going to like it. Now if I can just find where I put my screwdriver.

No comments: