Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tropic Thunder

Ginger and I hosted Pete tonight as we viewed Tropic Thunder. To be honest I really thought Ben Stiller had been on a downhill trend recently with just about every movie he put out being a bit worse than the previous one (I say this without having seen Night at the Museum yet though). So I'll admit to being a bit surprised at how good Tropic Thunder ended up being. I'm not sure whether it's the fact that they make so much fun of Hollywood or what, but overall a lot of the movie works. I will say I typically don't really like Jack Black, but found his character entertaining in this movie. In fact, now that I think about it I believe most of the really entertaining parts came from actors other then Stiller (Tom Cruise was hysterical and did absolutely fantastic in his role and Downey was really good too). Overall a pretty funny movie and way better than your average comedy (for completeness I should add that Ginger just thought it was okay and had the comment that it isn't really a girl movie).

No comments: