Saturday, September 13, 2008

Blading


Catherine got to try her new inline skates outside today for the first time. There was a lot less falling down than I expected. Partly because either Ginger or I were nearby and caught her before she fell a couple times. Overall though she only ended up hitting the pavement a couple times. Initially it took her a while to get the hang of turning her legs when trying to move forward. At first she was trying to move like you would if you were running and getting nowhere. It's a good thing Ginger was holding her at that point because I'm fairly certain she would have face planted otherwise. The problem initially was she was holding onto and depending on Ginger too much. Getting her to do it all on her own was slow going at first, but eventually she started getting the hang of it. I'm still not convinced that she ever really mastered braking since instead of leaning back on the blade with the brake she was putting the blade with the brake in front of her and pointing it up in the air.


We had Quinn recording the event. I can only imagine how that video is going to turn out. The whole outing didn't last overly long though since we all had to get ready so that we could go attend an ice cream social gathering for all the kids in Quinn's elementary class at school. The goal was for it to be a meet and greet for the parents. I really don't do well at these events because I'm not much of one for small talk. But the kids had fun, so I guess that's all that matters.

No comments: