Tuesday, January 22, 2008

You Are Really Really Late


I ended up getting home really late tonight. The kids were already in bed with books read and lights out. Luckily they weren't asleep yet though. Quinn scolded me telling me "You are really really late getting home tonight. What were you doing?" I tried explaining I was debugging a program to keep it from crashing, and he actually knew that a crash meant it wouldn't run anymore. Color me impressed. Catherine was nicer about me being late and basically letting me off the hook entirely (although she did insist that I had to rub her back for a bit while she went to sleep).

Neither kid sleeps through the night anymore. Both of them get up to use the bathroom at some point during the night. On good nights they'll just head back to their rooms and climb into bed themselves. On the bad nights they'll go to their room and call for one of us to come in and adjust their covers. Add to that Catherine's eczema causes her to scratch throughout the night usually waking her up a couple times and invariably she'll call for us and it's hard to remember the last time Ginger got to sleep all the way through the night I apparently don't hear them when they call, but I do tend to them up until I go to bed.

It was hard to swallow the news today that Heath Ledger passed away. At first I thought the news might be a hoax and part of some new viral marketing for the Batman movie, but sadly it looks like he really did pass away. Since the Joker was so key to the viral marketing they were doing for Batman I have to wonder how they're planning on handling this (to be honest, I have to question whether viral marketing increases the number of viewers by any significant amount anyway).


I'm still watching the Sarah Conner Terminator TV show, but from the looks of the numbers it looks like they're having trouble retaining viewers. Almost 9 million viewers would be fantastic if it was on the CW, but since it's on FOX, who knows if the network feels that's an acceptable number. Still, losing over half your initial audience by the third episode can't bode well. And having a skip week next week where they don't have a new show and just replay the pilot certainly won't help (that sounds like a desperate ploy to try and get more regular viewers to me).

2 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

I'm still watching the Sarah Conner Terminator TV show...

So am I. It is alright. Not excellent, but alright. It doesn't help that Summer Glau (sp?) is essentially playing the same character she did in Firefly / Serenity. I mean, she does it well, but I keep thinking, "Why is River in this continuity, and where is Simon?" :-)

BullBunky said...

I like this black and white trend. Its not easy to make snowy shots pop, and you did a nice job with this one!!