Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A Lot Of Little Things


Catherine has decided she would like to have a birthday party with her friends. Ginger and I had decided that we could simply have a small birthday party for her with just family, and Catherine had been on board with this plan for months. But suddenly Catherine decided she wanted more. It turns out that where she wants to have her birthday party doesn't have an opening until April, a full two months after her birthday (had Catherine came to this decision earlier we would have had a better shot at scheduling something rather than waiting until almost the last minute). So now Catherine has been asking Ginger to move her birthday. We think this is because she has heard Ginger tell the story of how we scheduled the day for the C-section when Catherine was born, so she apparently thinks we can just randomly decide what day her birthday is on each year. Even though we've told her that the day of her actual birthday won't change this doesn't seem to change what she thinks.

When I got tonight the kids had already finished dinner and had desert. Ginger evidently made some more cookies today. A couple days ago she made chocolate chip cookies with dried cherries in them. And let me just say these cookies are good. The reason the last batch was only made a couple days ago is because we went through them so fast. Quinn had scarfing them down. Tonight though he apparently just noticed they had cherries in them (something about the fact that this time they were more crunchy or something) and now he's decided he doesn't like them. Even though as I mentioned he was eating them left and right a couple days ago. Sometimes I don't understand that boy.

Quinn's really looking forward to tomorrow. Tomorrow is when the school starts the weekly ice skating sessions. So I spent part of tonight out in the cold garage looking for Quinn's bike helmet that had been hidden under a bunch of stuff. I plan on trying to make it out to watch him, but we'll see how it goes. I know everyone is looking forward to weekly photos of Quinn ice skating (just nod your head and pretend the answer is yes even if it isn't). Catherine's excited also, but not because she gets to skate. But rather while Quinn is skating, she'll get to play her Nintendo DS.

I did notice while I was out in the garage searching for the helmet that the new energy saving compact fluorescent light bulbs seem to be significantly dimmer in the cold than they are in what I would refer to as normal temperatures. Which makes me wonder if this is a known issue or does the power in the garage fluctuate lower with colder temperatures? Well crap. A quick google search answered my own question and tells me I possibly shouldn't be using the compact fluorescent bulbs in the garage.

And tonight I finally tried to fix my Window's profile issue. When I "took full control" of the drive on another computer evidently when I switched the ownership back everything didn't go back the way it was suppose to. It keeps complaining that it can't load my profile now and loads some default. And I have no idea how to fix the problem (creating a new profile and moving stuff around apparently isn't the answer, or it is and I'm not doing it correctly).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did you change the permissions inside the profile using the registry editor?