Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ice Ice Skating (2008)


Well today was Quinn's first week of ice skating. The first week he could actually go anyway since the first week was suppose to be the first week and the ice put the the kibosh on that. Quinn did pretty good all things considered.




He seemed a little rusty and fell a couple times, but for the most part he managed to pick up sort of right where he left off last year. That was good since we didn't have to worry about he feeling overwhelmed and frustrated.




I went out and skated with him for a bit to film him some (and to just to goof around a bit). Catherine meanwhile was the most popular person not skating since she was playing her Nintendo DS. Ginger has mentioned that if there's a group of kids whoever has a handheld video game instantly becomes super popular.


Looking back though I shouldn't have hung around for the whole session, since as I was leaving my car got hit in the parking lot. Apparently someone else started backing out right after I did. I admit I was backing out a bit slower than normal since I was paranoid there might be kids crossing the parking lot. Guess I took too long though since once I stopped and was getting ready to move forward when I looked out the left I saw a mini van backing into me. It was surreal, because I was looking at it backing up thinking "They're perpendicular to me, surely they can see my car, surely they're going to stop." They didn't. I really should have blown the horn or something, but for some reason that didn't occur to me in time. So now I have a nice dent in the side of my car.

2 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

Quinn did pretty good all things considered.

I think you meant, "Quinn did pretty well all things considered."

BullBunky said...

Did the person who backed into you try and somehow blame you? I got hit in SF about a year ago when this clueless driver merged right into me...and somehow she thought it might be somewhat a shared blame. That argument lasted about 10 seconds :)