Sunday, January 27, 2008

More Of The Same


Much like yesterday the kids spent a good while outside playing. I really don't get it. I'm out there freezing my butt off and they run around and play like the temperature doesn't matter at all. Must be a youth thing.


Ever have a moment as a parent where you're watching your kid and thinking "This isn't going to end well." That's pretty much what I was thinking when I turned around and saw Quinn on top of the ice ramp with his scooter. Luckily I was able to talk him off the edge and convince him maybe he hadn't thought this out all the way. If he had been wearing a real bike helmet instead of that fake baseball helmet I might have let him go ahead and try it just so he could learn from this mistake. Either that or he would have loved it and gone onto create a new X-Games event: Scooter Halfpipe.


The lobotomizing of the snowman continued today as Catherine continued to "clean out the snowman's ear wax." A little more cleaning and I think he might just lose his head ("There can be only one!").


Apparently Catherine's fall yesterday where she hit her head on the ice ramp did nothing to prevent those actions since today she was once again using a noodle to scale the slippery part of the ice ramp again. That's the same thing she was doing yesterday when she fell, but yesterday I was holding the noodle instead of Quinn.


And I noticed shortly after the scaling of the ice ramp that there was something odd about Catherine's feet. She claims that having the boots on this way wasn't bothering her at all (I don't know how it wasn't, it was bothering me just looking at them).


No story behind this shot, I just liked how it turned out.

2 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

("There can be only one!").

Ramirez says, "Nice Highlander reference, Highlander!"

gaz said...

There can be only one!

only according to the original (and best) highlander.
after that they seemed to get a little confused and unable to keep track...