Sunday, January 06, 2008

Holiday Nights


Well, the inflatable snowman has been taken down, as have most of the outside lights. The kid's tree has had the ornaments removed. And aside from the plethora of new toys there are only a few Christmas remnants left at this point (well, there's the whole tree upstairs with all the ornaments that still needs to be taken down at some point, but you get the gist).


Last week while Ginger and the kids were down in Richmond, I went out one night to take some night pictures. I really wanted to capture some of holiday lighting before it was taken down. So just before midnight one night I headed out. Looking back I really should have done this on a night where it was warmer than 23 degrees. I was only outside for like 20 minutes or so, but with the wind and the low temperatures I thought I was going to lose my fingers. It was freezing (literally), and my fingers were completely numb by the time I got back in the car. And I had on some gloves while I out too. Okay, they were only winter driving gloves, but gloves none the less.


I hear these stories of people being trapped outside in the elements for days before getting rescued. Based on my less than half hour jaunt outside I'm confident that if I were the one lost I wouldn't make it.

2 comments:

gaz said...

hapy new year dude, dudette and little dudes!

BullBunky said...

Yeah, I'm more for the fun nighttime photos in balmy 60-degree weather :)