Monday, August 20, 2007

Roid Rage

Well the poison ivy got worse last night. Much worse. Even with lots of lotion stuff on I was scratching through most of the night and got very little in the way of sleep. And then Quinn was up bright and early yelling for me this morning just to add insult to injury. And this probably goes against everything you're suppose to do to treat a rash brought on by poison ivy, but when I was in the shower and I turned the water on as hot as it would go and basically scalded the parts of the my skin where there was a rash. And it sort of worked, I think I killed or deadened more of the nerve ending so the itching went away for about four hours so I hit the sack and tried to sleep for a bit.

That didn't last too long though since I had to get up to see Ginger, JJ and the kids off as they headed off to Richmond for the week. Before she left Ginger pleaded with me to go see a Dr about it. At the time the itching had subsided though and I thought I would be able to cowboy through it. The only problem was a mere couple of hours after getting to work the itching returned, and with a vengeance. Barry stopped by and also suggested going to see a Dr to get medication. He's had outbreaks in the past and has treated it with some success using Prednisone. As I was talking to Barry I listened to my voicemail and heard a message Ginger that she made it safely to Richmond and she once again asked me to go see a doctor. So lickity split I was off the local doc in a box that's right next to where I work. Who, I might add, no longer accepts my current health insurance. No problem, we'll submit it out of network and at this point I don't care if I can just get the itching to stop. So after waiting *scratch scratch scratch* 40 minutes to be ushered into a room *scratch scratch scratch* where I get looked over by an attendant, I then proceed to wait 20 more minutes *scratch scratch scratch* for the Dr to show up.

She looks me over, asks to see my back for some reason and checks my breathing. Then she asks where I've got the rash. And I explain it's all over both arms, on the my legs, in the webbed area between my fingers, it might be starting near my eye and then I sheepishly point down. To which she says "The inside of your thigh." and I have to reply, "No, a bit higher." And she does this head nod of understanding and says "Ah, your genitalia." To which I have to reply, "Yea, that's definitely the the most awkward spot, not like I can just scratch it whenever." She chuckles and gives me a prescription for Prednisone (which is a steroid I might add) and I head over to Target and fill my prescription then it's back to work. I pop my three pills and five minutes later I'm asking Barry why hasn't it started working yet since I'm still itching. The itching thankfully started to subside after several hours and has been slowly subsiding over time. It's still there and I still have fits of it, but I can go for longer and longer periods now before it hits really hard.

So far I'm not feeling any adverse affects from the steriods. Around six at work I start getting the munchies, but that's not surprising since I skipped lunch to go to the doctor. When I got home I had fajitas for dinner, a lot of them. And I'm still hungry. I'm sure it's just my appetite returning after my system was brutalized yesterday though. I just wanted to type this up befre I turnd n fr th nigh. Hmm, fingrs feelng lrge. Hrd to typ on tis tny keybord.
Aarrrggh. STipud komputr. Why komptr not leav JamesF alone? JAMESF SMASH STPID KOMPU...

6 comments:

Barry said...

I don't think the Hulk took steroids.

Scott said...

What about Lou Ferrigno?

Scott said...

By the way, I'm guessing "genitalia" is going to provide you with some interesting new hits to your blog. Oh yeah, you don't index your blog, so nevermind.

JamesF said...

Barry: I don't think the Hulk took steroids.

Scott: What about Lou Ferrigno?

Good point, I hadn't even thought about Ferrigno. My initial response was going to be Hulk Hogan.

Scott: you don't index your blog, so nevermind.

Interesting you should bring that up. I recently changed the blog's access to public because I noticed it wasn't showing up my blogger profile. Doing that though would make it searchable again though, but I think I got around that by adding:

<meta content='NOINDEX,NOFOLLOW' name='robots'/>

to the template at the same time I made the change. That was done several weeks ago, and there hasn't been a single search hit yet.

Buddy Tignor said...

How come you didn't ask the doctor to scratch your itch? :-)

Curt Sawyer said...

Is she a hot doctor?

;-)