Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Leaky Tire

Got to play a bit of musical cars today. Ginger's car had a leak in one of the tires and she needed to get that plugged. So around lunch I ended up driving over to meet her at Craven's Tire and Auto so she could use my car for the day. Except that Craven's isn't Craven's anymore. The sign still says Craven's, but apparently all the Craven's were sold. So now it's like Mr Good Tire or something. Or at least that's what the guy told Ginger. The website doesn't mention anything about changing the ownership of the store. But everyone must have quit or something when they sold the place, because the guy that was there told Ginger he only had one mechanic on duty, so it would be a while before he could fix the tire. Having only one guy also means that they weren't offering free shuttle service either (and I'm not even sure the new place will offer that now that I think about it). Guess it's time to locate a new "place to pay a little more than I think I should to get my car repaired" shop. The tire plug ended up being $18, which is higher than I thought plugs went for, but these days who knows (last time I got one done it was plugged for $9, but that was a while ago). Turns out the culprit was a roofing nail. And our neighbor across the street recently got their roof done. Hmmmm.

I've made it past a minor milestone with Catherine. It used to be at night if she would cry out she would only calm down if Ginger went in to see her. Usually this involved her wanting Ginger to put her blanket on her or something equally trivial. Now if I went in she would end up crying even louder and kicking and screaming for Ginger where upon things would spiral out of control until Ginger would show up. That's not completely unexpected considering how closely Ginger and Catherine have bonded and how Catherine is usually only half awake when this would happen. But now I've gotten to the point where Catherine will actually let me do things for her at night if she calls out. Of course I do have to bribe her sometimes by rubbing her back for a couple of minutes, but it's progress. Although now that I think about it, this means that instead of just being able to ignore it when she cries out in the middle of the night, now I might have to get up. Suddenly I'm not so sure this is a good thing anymore.


And since I have no new photos I'll put up yet another shot I got while we were on vacation at the beach (since I took over 4,000 pictures while on vacation I could be posting beach pictures for the next decade). This would probably make a better video than a picture. Watching the crab trying to catch the fish was pretty amusing.

No comments: