Friday, August 17, 2007

Pwn3d

Ginger and the kids returned home today. And the kids brought back their Uncle JJ also. He's up visiting until Ginger has to go back down to Richmond next week ("has to" being an overstatement since she's going down to spend some time since it will be her Mom's birthday). Before they left they found out Ginger's parents lost one of their computer monitors last night during the storm. So they went out and bought a 19 inch flat screen. This of course has Ginger wanting one also. Ginger just also happens to want a new computer in addition to the new monitor. Actually Ginger's been saying she wants a new computer for three months now. She's constantly saying "I can't use my computer". I don't understand it, just because her computer has a short or something somewhere and will randomly reboot all the time she has to claim it's unusable (it was really bad for a while when the CD drive was touching the motherboard, I think it was rebooting every two minutes). I'm not sure what's causing the reboots. Sometimes it gets into a mode where it will reboot whenever you start Firefox, but only on starting Firefox (so I was thinking it was related to the networking hardware, but Gtalk works fine). Other times it just reboots when no one is around doing anything. So maybe it's a specific instruction that the processor gets that triggers it (but it doesn't always do it though). I thought maybe it was overheating, but I'm pretty sure I accounted for that and it was still rebooting. I'm starting to think I might be over analyzing it. It could just be broken I suppose and not something I can fix. Anyway, what Ginger really wants is a new Mac computer.

For entertainment tonight Ginger, JJ and myself played a new Wii game called Mario Strikers Charged (new to Ginger and myself anyway). It's an insanely fast version of soccer with all the typical Nintendo extras (power ups, special moves, etc). We all played on a team against the computer and got severely pwned (repeatedly I might add). We did manage to win two games out of twelve (even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut), and we went into overtime on two games but eventually lost both of those as well. Part of the problem was for the first several games we didn't know how to play. I had suggested we go through the tutorials, but noooo, everyone just wanted to jump right into playing. So after three games of not having a clue what we were doing we went through some of the tutorials. After that was when we actually managed to start scoring some goals. Don't get me wrong, we still lost most of the games, but they were closer now at least.


Guess I'll sign off with another leftover beach picture.

No comments: