Monday, August 13, 2007

A Pool Post? But It's Monday...


Breaking all known rules of the space time continuum we have a pool post on a Monday. I got home tonight and the kids were telling me how they were going to the pool for just a little while. Ginger wasn't feeling overly good today so they hadn't been able to get out and do anything all day. And they had taken a long nap so I guess it seemed like a good idea. I suited up and off we went. Unfortunately the kids stalled enough getting ready that it was time for adult swim as soon as we got there (literally Quinn had just jumped in and Catherine had walked down the steps into the pool when they blew the whistle). So they ended up in the kiddie pool for the first fifteen minutes.


I've discovered that the new male (teenager?) lifeguard is much more lax than the existing female lifeguards. Once we were back in the regular pool, during the first half hour when the guy was watching the diving boards Quinn and I were the only ones in that section of the pool for a while. Quinn would occasionally swim over and grab the board while still in the water and hang there. I kept waiting to get told we shouldn't be doing that, but the guy couldn't care less it seemed. A couple of times Quinn even grabbed the board with both hands, swung his feet up so he was 'standing' on the bottom of the board upside down and then let go and 'jumped' straight down into the water. Still nothing. Then soon as the shift changed the female lifeguard was there she blew the whistle on Quinn the first time he swam close to the board. Mental note, try and schedule diving board time around the new guy.

The pool was fun, but man did it push back our normal nightly schedule. The kids were just getting to bed a little before ten, which is about two hours past when they're usually in bed. I would love to think they'll compensate and sleep late tomorrow morning, but I know better than to actually believe that will happen.


There's only so many non kids shots I can take a the pool that I haven't taken already, so this is one of the random shots I took. It looked much cooler in person than in the photo. The grass (if that's what it is) actually has colored stripes.

No comments: