Sunday, August 19, 2007

Overdressed


Fairly low key day today. After church Ginger and JJ went by the grocery store, so I took the kids to the park across the street. It's the same park Barry's kids went to not too long ago. I had seen this park quite often, but didn't realize it was an official Fairfax County Park until about a month ago when they put up a Fairfax County Park sign.






The kids seem to have a lot of fun, but there are a couple of things I might do different if I were to take the kids again. First off, I might actually get them out of their church clothes so Catherine isn't running around and climbing over stuff in one of her nice dresses. Second I would probably take something for the kids to drink. We weren't too long, and it wasn't too hot either, but Catherine started sweating and looking like she was pretty hot (quite possibly again because of the dress). And finally I would make the kids use the bathroom before we go, since we ended up leaving due to Catherine needing to use the restroom.


If you followed the link to Barry's blog, you saw that Jacob got stung while he was at this park. I could see how that could happen. The park is completely enclosed by a metal gate, and along one whole section of the gate there are flowers that are just overrun with bees.

We ended up coming home and grilling out and eating out on the deck. It's been so nice for the past couple of days it didn't seem right not to take advantage of it. I briefly played around with taking off the training wheels from Quinn's bike. The problem there is he can't put his feet flat on the ground when sitting on the bike (he ends up on his tiptoes). He did pretty good and rode down the driveway and stayed up, but stopping is still an issue, and I think it was different enough that he wasn't interested in pursuing any further experiments (so we ended up putting the training wheels back on for the rest of the day).

And from yesterday where I didn't know if the itching was from poison ivy or something else, well today I'm pretty it's poison ivy. After spending just about all night scratching and having the little bumps start appearing today I'm fairly positive that's what it is. I really hate getting poison ivy, so the next couple of weeks are going to be a complete pain.

And yesterday Ginger's computer went wonky again. It was rebooting constantly (wouldn't even make it part way through the boot cycle before it would reboot). Ginger rightfully claimed this was unacceptable and she wanted a new computer. So faced with the prospect of buying a new computer for $1,200 I decided to devote some time to trying to fix it. I was still convinced it had a short, so I took the entire computer apart, removed the motherboard from the case and the put everything back together. I didn't see anything obvious that would have been causing the problem when I took it apart, but now that it's back together it's made 24 hours without rebooting. I may have dodged a bullet there.

No comments: