Sunday, July 01, 2007

It's Gotta Be The Shoes


We had a moratorium on Wii playing today. So instead we decided to have a semi impromptu play date with Amanda over at Ken and Karen's (I use the term "semi" because I think it had been planned out earlier, but I don't know all the details and there was no official time to meet, and why do I feel the need to explain all this). While we were at their place I made the command decision that the kids really needed to get outside some since it was such a nice day. So we walked over to a park which is practically right beside where they live.


And why Catherine is wearing a dressy pair of shoes playing in the park I'll never know. Actually I do know, I asked Ginger and she told me 'she wanted to wear those'. That's the reason? When did the child suddenly have the decision making power around here? I guess I see who's the boss around here (it's not me, I know that, and apparently it's not Ginger either).

Quinn will be coming home tomorrow so we're all looking forward to that. Except for maybe Quinn, who based on what we hear has been living high on the hog getting completely spoiled by his grandparents. I've heard tales of bowling, mini golf and multiple visits to Friendly's.


In celebration of Quinn's return, I threw together an image that I had meant to do a week or so ago. Even though I took these shots on a tripod and used manual focus and didn't adjust anything, the various pictures were still not exactly lined up. I guess just pressing the button on the camera was ever so slightly affecting the position of the tripod. Off topic rant: I really really hate the Crocs shoes all the kids are wearing these days. I know they're trendy right now, but I just don't think they're good shoes for playing outside. On vacation to walk to the beach? Sure. A quick trip to a store? No problem? Running around and climbing stuff outside? Not so much. And yes, that's just my opinion since if you look at their website you would think that's what the shoes were designed to do.

3 comments:

gaz said...

i'm not a fan of the crocs either. it seems that there are far more older citizens than younger ones wearing them over here.
i think they look ridiculous!

Anonymous said...

> they look rediculous

You're just saying that because W. wears them.

Oh, no, you're not. They do look rediculous.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I hate the way they look too, but try on a pair, seriously. I have a pair and love the way they feel. But yeah, could we get them looking a little better?