Monday, July 23, 2007

That's A Lot Of Pool Accessorizing


Not the hottest day we've had here, but one of the first that was completely cloudless. The sea was still choppy. Nowhere near as bad as Saturday, but still rougher than I had seen any other day prior to Saturday.








I seriously think you can take Quinn anywhere and long as he has some cars or vehicles to play with and he'll be fine. The kids still weren't able to play out in the waves other than at the very edge of the water. And Quinn's still a bit gun shy about going out even there.

I got burned pretty bad on the back of my arms and some of my back today. So I'll be smarting for the next couple of days and everyone will more than likely get tired of hearing me complain about it.


So we tried out the pool at the new house for the first time today. It's pretty deep even in the "shallow" end. Catherine can stay above water by jumping on her tiptoes right at the edge of the steps. Quinn can go out for about a foot or two on his tiptoes before it gets too deep for him. So because of this we bought some of the arm floaties for the kids. I know a lot of people don't like these, and we don't plan on continuing to use them once we leave here, but they do make the pool more fun for the kids.




Took some more sunset shots tonight. Not a great night for it to be honest. Not lot of clouds or anything else that makes the shots really stand out. While these aren't bad, they're not as good as some of the ones from previous nights (in my opinion anyway). I did see my friend the fox there tonight. He walked across the sand just after the sun went down and I was heading back to the shore.


And tonight after dinner we saw some fireworks being set off by someone in the area. We got to see a show for about ten minutes or so before the police showed up and put the kibosh on the everything. Fireworks are illegal here in the town of Duck, even though you can find the used firework canisters all over the beach, so the law evidently isn't really discouraging people from shooting them off.

1 comment:

gaz said...

yet more impressive sunsets, bravo.
keep em coming.