Monday, July 09, 2007

Mirror Mirror On The Wall


Catherine returned to the fold today. It was a long trip back from what I hear since Ginger and Quinn went to pick her up, but didn't get back home until close to five. When I got home from work I went downstairs to see the kids and found them playing together (and getting along, maybe they missed each other). They were playing "baby chicken". And when I asked what that was Quinn told me they were both baby chickens and they were looking for someone to take care of them because a hunter had come and killed the Mommy chicken. And at this point I'm thinking to myself, "My, isn't that just a lovely game." I was immediately drafted into playtime and became the "Daddy chicken" (and even after I tried explaining that male chickens are roosters, that didn't seem to change my designation in the slightest).


2 comments:

gaz said...

because a hunter had come and killed the Mommy chicken
i blame disney!

Anonymous said...

That's the beginning to lots of Disney movies. The Fox and the Hound, Bambi, even newer ones like Lilo and Stitch, and finding Nemo. Disney likes dead parents. Kinda creepy if you ask me.