Sunday, July 08, 2007

Bad Bad Bowling

Not much to report today. We did end up going bowling, but it was a disaster (I won't even comment on my score it was so bad, but I will say I let Quinn bowl my last two frames, and the total score wasn't over 100). Evidently when bowling is cheap (it was only $1.99 a game) it brings in a crowd of people that aren't familiar with bowling etiquette. I mean I figured the people next to me weren't going to actually wait on me to finish bowling or respect the whole informal rule of don't bowl when someone is bowling on either lane beside you, but I really thought they would at least stay in their own lane versus actually coming into my lane so they they could launch the ball as hard as they could spinning the ball without even putting their fingers in the finger holes. I mean I had been getting ready to bowl, then the guy ignores that fact, gets up and walks over and steps on me in my lane where he's trying to go so far over to the side. Pretty sure these guys were trying to impress the girls they were with. Lesson learned, don't go during the middle of the day on a weekend. Got it.

So it was one game for Ginger and myself and we were done (although Quinn had his own lane, so he got 2 games in while Ginger and I bowled our one and then he finished up the last couple of frames on our game). Quinn bowled all his games without gutter guards. He would be doing really good if he would just work on throwing the ball straight, but he puts this insanely wicked spin on it so that he usually ends up over at the 7 pin. After that we took Quinn to Friendly's (his choice) since this is the last day we'll be able to visit restaurants like that for a while since Catherine is coming back home tomorrow. And while we were there we got him to try a piece of a Chicken Quesadillas. Now he wouldn't eat a piece with actual chicken in it, but he ate a pretty decent sized piece full of cheese. And while he kept claiming he didn't want to eat it, he didn't go into his gag mode when he was trying it, so that's really promising as something we can work on in the future now. I tell you, this whole money and Wii play time for trying new stuff has him really motivated (he really likes playing Mario Party). The bad thing we realized though is now that JJ's gone, we only have 2 Wii remotes (JJ had brought his two Wii remotes up when he was here, so we could have four of us playing), so if we want everyone to play when we take it on vacation, we're going to have to look into getting additional remotes.


Didn't really take any pictures today (well, I did, but it was with the handheld Nikon, so there's really nothing that was good enough to post). So you get this fountain image I took on the night I was out and about taking Batbrick pictures.

2 comments:

gaz said...

lush photo chief.

Ken Church said...

At least you were not charged $4500 for your experience.