Friday, July 20, 2007

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzz.....


Now that Nana is here that means we ended up getting to the beach a bit later than we had on previous days. But we were still there for a good while, and the water seemed colder today than yesterday, which made cooling off in the heat for me more difficult. Catherine spent most the time there building a sand castle with a moat. She actually made several trips to get water before she realized the moat probably wasn't going to have water in it since the water kept sinking into the sand. Quinn on the other hand spent most of his time playing with some new toys Nana brought with her (a ball and bat specifically). He also rebounded nicely from yesterday and had me take him out into the waves numerous times. He did however insist that on the way back in from the waves I not put him down in choppy area.


Catherine still refuses to go into the water proper without an adult nearby. She'll run through the waves, but only at the edge and insists on someone being there to go out farther. And even then, she doesn't like going out too far. I'm trying to remember if she got knocked down by a wave last year or something that would cause her to be so timid, but I can't recall anything off the top of my head.

Once we got back to the house we spent a lot longer in the pool than we usually do. Which turned out to be a good thing since after we finally went in and had lunch a nice little storm came through. That provided all of us a good opportunity to take a nap. I think I slept for over two and a half hours (all those late nights playing Zelda finally caught up with me).






At that point though there wasn't much left to the day. I did manage to sneak off after dinner and take some sunset pictures. I almost didn't go, because the storm I mentioned earlier was blocking the sun right up until about 20 minutes before sunset. As such I didn't get to go to the area I wanted to, but had to settle for the same place I took pictures a couple nights ago. And I'm glad I went as tonight was easily the best night for pictures since we've been here.


I didn't stay long after the sun actually set since I wanted to get home and say goodnight to the kids before they went to sleep, but after taking this shot from our deck once I got home, it made me wish I had stayed out there just a bit longer. Although the bugs were eating me alive for the 15 mintues I was out, much longer and I would be just one big bug bite.

4 comments:

BullBunky said...

Pretty :)

Curt Sawyer said...

Sunset pictures are nice.

Buddy Tignor said...

My favorite is the last shot of the post...so red.

gaz said...

i'm glad you went out and got some pictures too. really nice shots.