Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunset Gold


Yet another down day where we decompressed. Today we did even less than we did yesterday. Ginger hasn't really felt too good all day (something about the after effects of taking her migraine medicine for three days straight). Therefore we ended up spending the day here and inside due to the rain. This eventually involved some play time on the Wii, but that's because Quinn has been trying some new stuff (with extreme amounts of prodding). Yesterday at Ledo's Quinn actually tried a mozzarella cheese stick. He even liked it except for the fact that he had trouble biting through it and kept pulling out more and more cheese (which is odd, because that's what I like about cheese sticks myself). Anyway, next time we do the cheese stick thing we'll probably cut his up before he tries it. I will say because he kept eating at it he ended up eating an extremely generous amount of it and didn't gag at all. Score! Then today for lunch I added some strawberry jelly to a soy nut butter sandwich and he took a decent sized bite of that too (again, without gagging). So all in all using the Wii as a bribe to get him to try some new stuff has been working pretty well I think. And then as a bonus, we get to play the Wii later. Score for me. And in case anyone cares, when we player Mario Party today Catherine was the winner. This might be the first time she had ever won, so she was pretty happy about it. Quinn ended up kicking my butt in a couple of the mini games. To be honest, I wasn't expecting the kids to be able to beat me in video games this soon, I might be older than I like to think I am.


Since we didn't really leave the house there's no real pictures or anything from today. But that's perfect because it gives me the excuse I've been looking for to post the sunset pictures I took last Thursday night. You may recall that in Thursday's post I mentioned that I still had a ton pictures to post and that in my opinion the shots from Thursday were some of the best I had taken over the course of the two weeks we were on vacation. Well those shots I didn't post were some of the sunset shots from that night. So here they are in all their glory scattered throughout this post. Enjoy.


This one is probably my favorite of the night. I like how it turned out. Although if I recall as I was showing these to Ginger when I got to the section with this shot she made a comment that was something along the lines of "Oh look, another shot with weeds or grass in it." And she's right, I did do that a lot, a whole lot actually. But only because I think it works in the shots, so the shooting through grass or beside weeds motif shows up in a lot of the shots I took throughout the two weeks.




I know people are probably sick of the sunset shots since I did them just about every day we were there it seems. But I was really happy with the way this set turned out. And on the positive side you probably won't have to see anymore of these until next year. And even then, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to top some of these, so maybe I'll be bored with the whole sunset thing.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like 'em!!!