Monday, July 16, 2007

Life's A Beach


Our first real day at the beach. And like an idiot I stay up until after 2 the night before playing Zelda. So when the kids woke me up this morning, it was brutal. Luckily they didn't wake me up when they got up, I don't even know how early that was.






We headed to the beach early this morning. I'm torn between taking pictures versus exposing the camera to the sand stuff. Right now taking pictures is winning out as I'm taking a ton of pictures. Today I took over 400. I'm not sure if the laptop is going to be able to hold all these (they're not all winners, I'll say that).


Despite what it looks like, I didn't include all 400 pictures in this post.






I did screw up again with a lot of the pictures from this morning being taken using an ISO setting of 640. At this point Ginger has suggested that I put a sticky note on the camera to check the setting so that I'll remember to look at them each time I use the camera.


After the beach we headed down to Wal-Mart to pick up some more stuff. Beach shoes for me, another fishing pole for Quinn, some sand toys for Catherine and a blender to be able to make smoothies for the kids. Then it was a quick trip to the grocery store again to get the ingredients for the smoothies.


Once we got home Quinn had to test his fishing pole in the pool. It wasn't too long after this that the kids were insisting to swim in the pool for a while.

And now some shout out photos for specific people:


KennyG, this one's for you (as requested).



This one is for Grandmaw in Richmond who wanted a picture of the ocean.



And Curt didn't necessarily request this, but I have to believe he would like it since it has boats in it.

3 comments:

Curt Sawyer said...

a blender to be able to make smoothies for the kids

Yeah, that's the ticket. I'm sure no adult drinks will find their way into that blender...

And the photo of the sailboats is cool. I'm actually taking tomorrow off to go sailing.

The Dogfather said...

Nice foot prints!

Where's the bird foot prints? (or did I not specify? *grin*)

Thnx,
The Dogfather

BullBunky said...

I really liked the footprints shot, although my favorite of the day has to be Quinn fishing in the swinning pool. Simple. Serene. And a bit bizarre.