Friday, July 27, 2007

And We're Back...

A mere 268 miles and five hours later we're all safe and sound back home. The cats obviously missed us since they left us presents all over the house. And the entire house now has that distinct cat urine smell also (just lovely really). My guess that they kids were going to be asleep before we finished crossing the Wright Memorial Bridge turned out to be completely incorrect. It was two and a half hours into the trip before they finally fell asleep. After two hours I told them we were going to play a game and the first one to fall asleep would win. They both closed their eyes and pulled up their blankets and sat quietly for about 30 seconds before Catherine said "I did." Catherine did eventually win, but it ended up taking about 15 minutes. Quinn kept up the act for another 15 minutes before he finally drifted off. I lost Ginger somewhere around three and a half hours, but she only slept for about half an hour before waking up due to some idiot from NJ who decided he had to pass me at breakneck speed only to pull in front of me and then slow down to 10 miles slower than my cruise control was set. Seriously, there was tons of room behind me, why pass if you're not going to be driving faster than I am, and it's not like I was driving at erratic speeds since cruise was on either.

No comments: