Friday, July 13, 2007

Must... Pack...

Quinn had some stomach bug or something this morning, but he seems to have rebounded as the day has gone on. Quinn and I both got haircuts today in preparation for our upcoming beach trip. And me? I've decided I think I'm stressed. I've left all my packing till the last minute. The good news is that because of this we're not taking nearly as much stuff on vacation as we have in the past. Typically I've ended up bringing a lot of stuff that ideally I would like to do and use, but never do (Rollerblades, bikes, kid toys, etc). So this year since I've waited until the last minute, I'm only taking the stuff I think I need versus the stuff I think I might want. The essentials are several cameras, the Wii, and a wallet (oh yea, and clothes, I'm guessing no one wants to see me naked on the beach). I figure anything I've forgotten I can just purchase once we're there (provided I don't forget something really big like the car or something).


Since we're going to be leaving soon though, we decided to out for dinner versus making something and having to toss the leftovers (we'll probably be tossing a fair number of leftover as it is anyway). We hit up Red Robin. The service was kind of slow, but they did recognize that fact and gave us a $20 gift certificate for our next visit. That almost made up for the fact that my Chicken Tortilla soup was suffering from a deficiency of chicken and merely lukewarm by the time I got it.


Tonight's pictures are simply some random animals from the yard today. For the past three or four night just as dusk is approaching, a couple of wild rabbits have been going through our front yard munching away. They're pretty bold and don't even run away unless you actively move towards them and get within about ten feet. The kids and I got this picture right before we left for dinner. When we got back, he was still in the yard chowing down.

No comments: