Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Quake Live

With the extra work I've been doing, trying to spend some time with the kids and the sheer amount of television I watch I haven't had a lot of free time lately. And it looks like that won't be changing anytime in the near future. Matt pointed out to me that Quake Live is, well, live. Or at least in the open beta stage. It's Quake3 in a browser (and it's FREE, one of my favorite things). Which is just insane on so many levels since back in the day I remember having to buy all kinds of new hardware in order to get the framerate on Quake3 up to something that was at least playable, and now you can play in a browser. Sadly by the time I got it installed and up and running someone had already registered my normal Quake handle of "Nilrem". So I was forced to go with the l33t version and I'm registered as N1lr3m. If you install add on and try out the game be sure to friend me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that your character with the big boobs?

JamesF said...

Actually I usually played the Hunter character back in the day, and I don't think I could get away with posting a picture of what she looked like.

Anonymous said...

what, no crackwhore? or was that q2?