Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tax Day Reminiscing


Ginger has mentioned how disappointed she was that I didn't do a Tax Day post back on Oct 15th like I have for the previous couple of years. The lack of the post about it wasn't because we turned our taxes in early this year. Nope, like previous years we waited until the last possible day to mail off the taxes. The reason there wasn't a post is just because I kind of forgot about it since I wasn't the one that had to take the taxes by the post office this year (I was in downtown DC this that day chaperoning the kids as they visited the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History).


Not much going on today. Lunch was another marathon session of kids not eating, but eventually we got past that. And then later in the day Amanda came over for an impromptu play date and dinner. That turned out to be a good thing since before that Quinn was itching to go outside and play, and honestly it was a bit on the chilly side to be outside today. Okay, it wasn't that cold, I'm just a wuss apparently and it felt cold considering that earlier in the week it was so warm you were hot with a jacket on. I tried getting a picture of all the kids together right before Amanda had to leave, but none of them were really interested in sitting still long enough for a decent photo at that point.


At some point I have to face the fact that tomorrow I will be returning to work. Since I ended up only working for two days last week that's kind of spoiled me. I'm really not looking forward to going back to work for the full week.

No comments: