Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Fun Number


After church we went out to lunch. This turned into a marathon lunch session as the kids took forever and a day to finish eating (and truthfully they never did finish, we just got tired of waiting after a couple hours and went home). While there Quinn ended up needing an extended bathroom visit. Which meant I got to go hang out in the restroom for about ten to fifteen minutes while he did his business (bear with me, I'm going somewhere with this). So as I'm waiting he starts talking to me from in the stall.

Quinn: Do you have your cell phone?

Me: No, I don't have it with me. And aren't you a little busy to be calling someone at the moment?

Quinn: I wanted to call this fun number in here.

Me: What's a fun number?

Quinn: Someone wrote a fun number on the wall.

Me: What are you talking about?

Quinn: It says "For a good time call 703-###-#####". Can we write the number down and call it later?

Me: Uhhh, no. I don't think that's good idea.

Guess this is one of the downsides of him being able to read.


Included this picture of Catherine from last week. It's her wearing a dress Ginger's grandmother gave her. So folks in Richmond can show this picture to whoever needs to see it.

2 comments:

gaz said...

that's hilarious... i love it.

BullBunky said...

A nice two-fer, James. A classic Quinn story...and a really really nice b&w photo.